Friday, July 26, 2013

St Regis Deer Park - Day 5

Today is our final day of our Grand Vacation as we all head off tomorrow.  Some to home and some like us are extending our holiday.

After breakfast this morning I had to pack my box that SU is sending home for me.  They gave us the box and we can have up to 12 lbs ((that's pounds not kilos!).  On my first pack I was over so I had to take some things out.  Then for customs you have to list every item in the box, the value and the weight.  Kelly from the home office helped me with this and I was the first one to have my box done.

Then Annamaree and I rode the chairlift. It was only $22 for as many times as you want to ride it for the day.  There is some mountain bike competition here today so they were sending their bikes up on the chair lift and catching it themselves to the top and then riding down the mountain.  The guys operating the chair lift were very good and slowed it right down for us.  We. Went half way up the mountain and then got off and walked to the other chairlift that took you to the top.  The scenery was breathtaking.  We got off at the top and took some photos and got talking to this elderly couple who had just walked up the mountain and were about to walk back down!  They have a second home in Deer Valley and do the walk quite  often.  We rode the chairlift down and the round trip just over an hour.  We passed some people we know from the trip going the other way so we took each other's photo.  I hope the photos come out okay.

Then we took the shuttle into Redstone as we both wanted to send some stuff home.  I couldn't get all my convention and grand vacation gifts in the free box so wanted to send the rest home.  It cost $78.  We then went and had lunch at the Pub and Grub.  There were so many televisions and they were all turned onto a different sports channel.  Then we had a quick look in Michael's Art and Craft store and it was much better than the one in Salt Lake City.  I wished I had more time to look around but my wallet is glad I didn't.  We then caught the shuttle back to the motel.  We filled our lolly boxes back up for the next trip and mingled with everyone in the gathering place.  I also picked my swaps up and they are amazing.

We then went to our room and re-packed our suitcases ready for tomorrow.  We had to be in the foyer at 5pm wearing jeans, comfy shoes and a light jacket as our final dinner was to be outside and it was a surprise.  We all piled into the buses and headed off in a direction we hadn't been before.  We went through Heber City then into Heber Valley and finally we arrived at our destination - a ranch.   When we pulled up there were tables set up with lots of cheeses and crackers and drinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment