Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Salt Lake City 17/7/13

Got up this morning, had breakfast and then bought an all day ticket for the tray which is a great tram system and the trams are spotless.

We caught the blue line tram and went to a big shopping centre.  It was really hot even though it was only early.  We went to an AT&T shop as Annamaree was having trouble sending texts and I wanted to get a phone and activate a SIM card.  We were sitting on a lounge waiting to be served when two more salesman came out.  I asked them if they were serving and they said "sorry Ma'am we're not allowed to serve alcohol here".  We were in stitches and had to explain that we were waiting for someone to help us.  They were very lovely and spent lots of time getting Annamaree's phone and tablet going.

That wasn't the only issues Annamaree was having.  She had bought a load and go card from the Post Office before she left but it wasn't working.  After numerous tries and two phone calls to Australia she finally got it to work.  She was very relieved.

We caught the tram to a shopping centre called Smith's and I bought a hat and we had a nice chicken salad at Wendy's.  Annamaree,s big toe was very painful so she went back to the motel and I had alook around City Creek shopping centre.  Some of the shops there were Macy's, Nordstroms, Tiffany, Michael Kors and lots more.  I bought a pair of walking sandals which are very comfortable.

I caught the tram back to the motel.  Annamaree's toe was a bit better so we went back to City Creek and Harmon's and got some postcards and stamps.  I went for a walk around Temple Square, sat in the place where the Morman Tabernacle Choir sings and listened to music from an amazing pipe organ.  The temple building is amazing and the grounds are perfectly manicured.  On the way back I saw a seven seated push bike.  I asked the guy if I could take a photo.  He said I could and also said I could get on and he would take my photo, which he did.

We met up with some more demonstrators- Jenny Cass, Patrice from New Zealand, Debbie Yeomans, Linda Higgins and Vanessa Webb.

Annamaree and I went to dinner at an eatery next door, JB's Family Restaurant.  We both had salmon.

Then back to the motel to do our washing.  While we were in the laundry Narelle Hodges popped in.  She had already been to Las Vegas so had plenty of tips and suggestions for us.  She also told us there was a Michael Store here in SLC so we might be off there tomorrow.

I can't work out how to get my photos from my iPad onto here so you will have to wait for those.

Nighty night
Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment